Next to the town hall stands the parish church of Altivole (XVIIIth cent.) extended in 1925 and completed in 1939.Inside the church it's worth remembering:
• the "Assunzione di Maria" (Mary's Assumption) dated 1910, a fresco by the painter Noè Bordignon (1st picture on the left, here below);
• "The Madonna with child and Santi Fosca, Pietro e Paolo", a pinting which is placed behind the XVIIIth century marble altar, attributed to Dominicus Bonora Flamensis;
• also of great value is the altar piece representing "The Sacred Family and saints", also called 'pala Van Axel', carefully restored in 1986 and coming from the oratory, now demolished, of Villa Van Axel (2nd picture from left);
• the parish church, dedicated to Santa Fosca, preserves two canvas paintings of Venetian school (XVIIIth century) exhibited in the Presbitery: they represent "St. Anthony with Santi Urbano the Pope, Sisto and Gregorio Nazianzeno" (3rd picture from left);
• and "The transit of St. Joseph" (4th picture from left, the last);
• in the side chapels there are two altar pieces painted by Gino Borsato, from Treviso, in 1937;
• a valuable "ciborium" crowns the high altar: it was made by an unknown stone cutter in the XVIIIth century.
Monument of Frà Giocondo
Behind the parish church, placed on a basement representing virtus and deeds in 1907, there is the monument dedicated to the Dominican Friar Frà Giovanni Giocondo, from Verona.
It was sculptured by Frnacesco Sartor, from Cavaso del Tomba, who also carried out some other work for a number of churches in Veneto.
Villa Barbellini Zon
Going along Via Roma, two hundreds meters from the church, one will come across Villa Bardellini Zon, now Tittotto (it dates back to the XVIIIth century).
Next to the massive building stands the ancient Public Oratory, which is dedicated to the Madonna of Loreto. In the small church rises a beautiful marble altar, with a 'pala' attributed to the painter Pietro Damini, from Castelfranco Veneto (picture on the right).
Of great interest is a casket containing the mortal remains of St. Gervase, the martyr: these relics, as the legend has it, were collected by the peasants in the fields pertaining to the villa, at the beginning of the VIIth century.
Whilst remaining in the very centre of Altivole, another landmark to see is Villa Fietta-Giacomelli, in which only the central body was used as a stately residence until the XVIIIth century.
Successive extensions have given it its present form.
Not far from Villa Fietta-Giacomelli, along the road leading to the village of Riese Pio X, one comes across a county building (XVIth century), on which rises a 'columbary' lately restored.
Inside the building can be admired a "Madonna on the Throne with Blessing Child", a fresco which is now properly attributed to an unknown Venetian fresco painter, who worked in the late XVth and early XVIth century (picture on the right).
Villa Van Axel-Castelli, now Grübe
Another building to be mentioned is Villa Van Axel-Castelli, now Grübe. In the late XVIIth century the Venetian aristocrats Francesco and Giuseppe Castelli erected what is commonly known as Villa Van Axel-Castelli.
In the first quarter of the XVIIIth century, the gables in the hall and in the side rooms were decorated with beautiful rural scenes, landscapes and Chinese figures.
The "Barco" of Queen Cornaro