Moving to San Vito, one can see the imposing parish Church, looking on the piazza, which is a real treasure for its works of art.
The church (XVIIth century) has got a long story, which testifies many rebuildings and restorations, and is quite remarkable for the works one can admire inside of it:
• The high altar, by Pasino Canova, with two side angels sculptured by Giuseppe Bernardi, called "il Torretto" (image on the left of the first row);
• "The Last Supper" (1606) by Marco Vecellio and the "Fall of the Manna" (XVIIIth century) by Andrea Michieli named the Vicentino (images of the 2nd row);
• A large canvas by N. Melchiori is visible in the chapel on the left of the presbytery: it represent St. Stephen's lapidation (1729); on the ceiling one can also admire two ovals by the same painter (1727), see image in the center of the first row;
• The left altar keeps the painting "Madonna del Carmine and Saints" by Bartolomeo Oriali, from Treviso; the 'pala', representing the Madonna del Carmine with two saints and two angels, dates back to the early years of the XVIIth century (last picture of the 1st row);
• The apse preserves a painting which is attributed to Luca Martinelli; it represents "The Virgin with Child and Saints" (1596);
• On the left altar is the "Madonna del Rosario" painted by Noè Bordignon (1902).
See the dedicated section of this website.
Villa Costanzo Giauna-Bernardo, now Bodignon
Also of great value is the Villa Costanzo Giauna-Bernardo, now Bodignon (XVIIth and XVIIIth centuries), built by the Noble Costanzo family who owned large estates in Catelfranco Veneto and San Vito di Altivole.
Next to the villa, along the provincial road leading to Asolo, one can admire a 'capitello' consecrated to the "Madonna of the Roses", with an effigy of a Madonna with child inside it (XVIth century).