The most significant monument in the area is the imposing parish church, planned by the architect F.M. Preti, from Castelfranco Veneto, in the second half of the XVIIIth century.
Some modifications were carried out on the original plan, which "weighed down" the balance of the building.
Inside, on the ceiling, there is a fresco by the Venetian painter Giambattista Canal, representing the "Glory of St. Michael".
A precious and rare organ, built by Don Antonio Barbini for the Santa Maria dei Servi church in Venice in 1758, was placed over the front door in 1812. The instrument was afterwards bought by the community of Caselle and is nowadays used for renowned seasonal organ concerts attended by leading world organists.
On the left side of Via S. Michele, going towards Altivole, one comes across an imposing brick tower called "torre mozza" (cut tower) because of an evident removal of the top.
The building dates back to the XVIth and XVIIth centuries, yet not much is known about its original intended use.
Folklore has it that it was erected by Ezzelino da Romano (as a watch tower) or owned by the noble "Caxellis" family.
Residences Pisano and Pasqualigo
Some other interesting places to see are the 'dominicali' residences of the Pisano and Pasqualigo families.
The Pisano family owned in Caselle a place (XVII century, picture on the left) with a three floor lay out, surmounted by a small fronton which was demolished in a subsequent re-adaptation of the villa. Not much is left of the building, which is in a very poor state.
The 'dominicale' house (picture on the right) is in a much better condition: it is situated in Via S. Michele and, after being the residence of the Pasqualigo family, from the 1920 onward it was occupied by the Franciscan nuns of Christ King, from Venice, and finally it has been the seat of the parish nursery school since 1954.
The building hasn't undergone any substantial modifications in the course of time: it shows its original high fronton with a three mullioned window, marked by four pilaster strips in the Ionic order.
A locality called Edifizio, or Edificio, is also worth mentioning: its name comes from a big spinning-mill owned by the noble Emo Capodilista family.
Some documents of the time testify that the spinning mill employed some 500 people and a peculiar first episode of pollution of the Brentella canal, which is said to have been reported by locals.
It's also worth remembering a small church consecrated to the Blessed Virgin of Loreto (XVIIth century).